Thursday, August 6, 2009

There Was a Time

There was a time when you cherished me
When you held me high above everyone else
When you worshiped me

There was a time when we were best friends
When we could talk for hours and still have more to say
When you loved me.

There was a time when I was only your's
When I saw, no one else
When did this end?

There you were, standing in my life
When you left, it was empty
When you left, I was happy

There was a time when we both had passion
When colors looked brighter and love was real
When the moon was so far we couldn't believe people could reach it

There was a time when we were younger
When none of these shenanigans went on
When we were innocent and looked at the stars

There was a time, in a parking lot I walked through last week
When we laid on the ground and looked up
When we fell in love

No comments: